Ь ð÷c b¢ng tiªng:
MEKONG DELTA FORUM, a PUBLIC INTEREST GROUP is created out of the need to:
- Globally monitor the development of the Mekong Delta , an eco-system that transcends ethnicity and national borders.
- Protect the Mekong Delta ecosystem.
- Enhance the welfare and livelihood of its inhabitants within a sound environment.
- Present and exchange scientific and cultural information about the region.
- To serve as a free forum for all debates involving the Mekong river and its watershed.
MEKONG DELTA FORUM adheres to the following objectives and missions:
- To form an information resource dedicated to the people living in the Mekong Delta and to the Mekong Delta environment.
- To voice the opinion of the people living in the Mekong Delta, natives of the region residing abroad and friends of Mekong Delta worldwide.
- To involve public participation in the planning process of the Mekong Basin development likely to impact on the Mekong Delta.
- To assess the regional environmental impacts and socioeconomic benefits of local or remote Mekong developments in both short and long term.
- To focus and emphasize on the sustainability of these developments.
MEKONG DELTA FORUM invites all participants to observe the following rules of conduct:
- Discussions should be fact-based with references cited for data sources.
- Articles submitted to MDF can be in either in Vietnamese, Cambodian, English, Spanish or French accompanied by the translation of the full text or its summary in the alternate language.
- Articles could be sent by e-mail to the MDF Web Manager at the electronic e-mail address below.
- A brief biography of the author would be preferably be posted at the end of the article for easy references.
- Translations of essays of any origin are necessarily accompanied by a copy of the original essay.
- Personal attacks and virulent criticisms are strongly discouraged.
- Courteous geo-eco-socio-political debate is respected but political propaganda is not an objective of this Forum.
Please send comments or suggestions to: